Under Slogan of “Together…we could make a difference”, The Arab Science and Technology Foundation (ASTF) launched its initiative to establish Arab Women network in 2008. This initiative looks forward to reinforcement the women role in the field of science and technology to achieve social and economic development in the Arab world.
Women network for Research and Development network’s goals:
The network aim to play vital role in the Arab region through:
- Increase the women presence in various fields of Science and technology and in the scientific and technological decision positions, and promote these presences.
- Consolidation Arab women’s social communication all over the Arab world.
- Promote the Arab women presence in a lot of technology fields, like: Mathematics, Science, Physics, Chemistry, communication and other many fields, that help in overcome the obstacles and offer more opportunities to the women to participate strongly and effectively in several of science and technology sectors.
Arab Women network’s Work Axes:
- Women Network work on collecting enormous information about the characters and organization, in order to coordinate between those experienced characters and between the network in order to develop the cooperation and achieve the network goal.
- Collect names of well-known women characters in the field of science and technology to suggest new ideas for the network projects and to give new opportunities to improve the young women’s skills through giving them training opportunities.
- Closing with new programs and initiatives that help to record new achievements for women in the field of science and technology.
Arab Women network for Research and development’s important dates:
- In 2002, the women committee formed in the second conference for “Scientific research outlook in the Arab world”.
- In 2004, ASTF present immediate support to establish Arab women network for Research and Development.
Dr. Nagwa Abdel El-Hamid supervised on the Arab Women network for research and development, also the network look forward to widen its memberships to include members from all over the Arab world.
The network aims to increase the professional and social value for the members, establish other networks that support the Arab women network in the developing fields, and networking and virtual networks with other Arab scientists’ networks.
Arab Women Network for Research and Development look for effectively cooperation with the technicians and the organizations’ leaders to promote the educational and training role to support the research and development, in additional to hold training session and workshops in the field of science to develop network’s members’ scientific skills.