The Arab Science and Technology Foundation (ASTF) aims to:
- Identify and support outstanding scientific research activities, conducted in the field of science and technology in the Arab world.
- act as a mediator between those who develop and fund the scientific research and who benefit from it.
- Being the first organization to bring together scientists from inside and outside the Arab world, with the aim of utilizing local and expatriate expertise to serve the Arab world and the humanity in general.
- Become main center for assisting the performance of scientific programs, and branding as powerful international Arab organization that defends the region's interests in scientific and technological progress.
- Represent the interests of an enormous group of people bound together by strong bonds, like: language, history, common traditions and inhabiting enormous geographic area extend from the northern coasts of Africa on the Atlantic and across the Eastern Mediterranean to the coasts of the Arabian Peninsula on the Arabian Gulf.