“Made in the Arab World” (MIA) is a competition that concerns with bridging the gap between university research, Professional research and the business community towards a more direct impact on Arab countries social and economic development. The competition aims to join influence research and development activities in the Arab world with real life need to have business-oriented results.
MIA is taking place through the finals of competitions are made local in each Arabian country joining the competition, like Made in Egypt, Made in Jordan, Made in Lebanon, Made in KSA, Made in Kuwait, Made in Iraq…etc.
The winners of these local competitions are competing in MIA competition in Egypt.
There are three types of participants who will compete separately:
- Professionals: Professionals representing themselves (Ex: Professors, Professionals Engineers or individuals, etc).
- Postgraduates: Level of students in their postgraduate studies & research activities (Diploma, Master, and PHD) including researchers in Non-Private Scientific Research Centers.
- Undergraduates: Level of students in their undergraduate graduation project.
First: Cash prizes sums to $50000
Second: Commercialization Services
Winning projects will receive commercialization efforts including support to polish their Business Plan, Marketing through ASTF investment programs and visibility with investment entities.
Funding advisory & investor networking consulting will be available for those winners who are willing to go for startup companies or want to license their work through technology licensing.
Third: Coverage of Participation Expenses
Participation Expenses in all Made in the Arab World activities are covered by the Arab Science and Technology Foundation (ASTF).
Project and Research topics
All projects, researches, and competition work must address issues related to the Arab region. They are expected to comply with a minimum of one of the following criteria:
- Solving real technological or scientific problems in the society or in the business world related to the country where the participant is applying.
- Developing new products or services that are of significant market value in the Arab world.
Project and research Output:
All competing participants must present their competing materials in the form of:
- A working prototype
- Full documentation detailing technical & business aspects
- A group presentation on the project