|Water Desalination and Purification Technologies in the Arab World|
The Water Desalination and Purification Technologies in the Arab world Project is a research program, which designed to prepare a road map for Arab countries in the field of water desalination and purification technologies.
The project will be implemented through collaboration among the Arab specialists and the Arab experts who living abroad.
Water Desalination and Purification Technologies program’s Objectives:
- Setting up a road map in the field of water desalination and purification technologies, to determine the guidelines, the methodology and the basic needs of research and development, which will results with technological solutions for the challenges that, face the Arab countries in the water sector.
- Developing computer software, to act as decision support system in selection and applied the technologies. The software will take into consideration various factors, like: social, economic, and environmental factors.
- Preparing scientific reference in the field of water desalination and purification in the Arab region, to help the researchers and experts, and to update them regularly with the latest technologies in the field.
- Creating virtual network in the field of water desalination and purification in the Arab world, consisting of experts, researchers and decision-makers, in addition to concerned organizations, so the Network’s members could exchange opinions and expertise on the latest developments in the field.
- Building an electronic database in the field of water desalination, which includes Arab experts’ and scientists names, their institutions, their projects and their history…etc.
Water Desalination and Purification Technologies’ Network:
Establish specialized network in the field of water purification, is one of the program’s objectives, as the network will include scientists from all specializations that related to water field, experts in water desalination and purification technologies and decision-makers in the concerned circles in the Arab world, to exchange expertise and opinions, and discussing the best solutions for pressing water problems in the Arab world.
The network will be a window for spreading awareness about water importance and acts as consultancy center for its related issues.
Conferences and Symposia:
The project will go through number of execution phases, In each phase meeting will be held to gather scientists and specialists working in the project, and discuss the achievements on the way to reaching the ultimate goals of the project.
In this frame, the first meeting was held in Marrakech (Morocco), where research groups were formed, group coordinators were chosen, and tasks were assigned. Currently, preparation is underway for the second meeting, which will review what has been accomplished so far, and will set the guidelines for the upcoming phase.