The first Arab woman in science & technology conference was held under the patronage of HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai, it was from 28th to 30th September 2009, in Dubai, UAE.
After the completion of the first stage of its initiative on «Empowerment for the Development of the Arab World» ASTF seeks to engage Arab women in the greater socio-economic development of the Arab World under the Arab Women Association for Research, Development and Innovation –AWARD).
The conference offers an opportunity for the professional exchange of knowledge and skills related to engages women in the socio-economic development of the Arab World.
Over 300 people participated from the entire world. They met over 60 international and national speakers via valuable presentations including workshops, panels, and paper sessions.
- Political Mechanisms and Empowerment of S&T Women in the Arab World
- Initiative on Empowerment of Arab Women in S&T for the Socioeconomic Development in the Arab World
- Women in S&T and the Required Development in the Arab World
- Individual and Collective Efforts to Support S&T Women in the Arab World
- Success Stories of Women in S&T: Past and Present
- Business Leaders and Empowerment of S&T Women in the Arab World
- Science, Technology and Gender in the Arab world: Current Issues and Challenges
- The Role of Audio-Visual Media in the Development of S&T Women's Role
The conference included Oral presentations Sessions as well as Roundtable and workshops that concluded with some recommendations and practical steps that service the Conference and the initiative Objectives.