The 6th version of Arab technology business plan competition took place in 2010, the announcement of the 6thTBPC started on 16 July 2010, about 15 countries participated in the 6th Arab business plan competition and about 155 business plan was submitted, as following: Egypt (53 business plans), Palestine (25 business plans), Syria (7 business plans), Ksa (7 business plans), Iraq (5business plans), Yemen (4 business plans), Canada (business plans), Jordon (2 business plans), Lebanon (2 business plans), United Arab Emirates (2business plans), Algeria (1 business plan), Bahrain (1 business plan), Libya (1 business plan), Also there are 2 business plans submitted for foreign countries (India & Switzerland).
The Fields the covered in the 6th Arab technology business plan competitions:
• Information & Communication Technology
• Electronics and electrical instruments
• materials science
• Medical and Health care
The Time phases of 6th Arab technology business plan competition:
• Applying the Competition Applications and Executive Summaries (June 2010).
• Deadline for Applying the Applications and Executive Summaries (July 2010).
• Announcement of the 1st Round Winners (August 2010).
• Training Program for Participants Started (August 2010).
• Deadline for applying Business Plans and presentations (September 2010).
• The Announcement of the top Winners in the Scientific Research (September 2010).
• Deadline for applying Business Plans and presentations (November 2010).
• Top Teams Joined Intel + UC Berkeley Technology Entrepreneurship Challenge in USA (Nov.2010).
9 business plans reached the final stage; these business plans represented 6 Arab countries: Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Palestine.
The winners in the 6th Arab Technology business plan Competition:
1st place: went to Saudi project for generating electricity from solar energy.
2nd place: went to Emirates project converting the solid waste to electrical energy and hot water.
3rd place: went to Egyptian project which is a social chat software more flexible during work and study.
The final ceremony was held at Bahrain in cooperation with UNIDO and under the patronage of the Kuwait finance house at Bahrain, the winners went to the UC Berkeley competition (Nov.2010).